Can we talk about the uniform elephant in the room?

Discussion on Rich Rodriguez and the Arizona Football team

Can we talk about the uniform elephant in the room?

Postby Filthy Cats » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I gotta say, our uniforms at Colorado looked awesome, from top to bottom.

The road jersey's look good with the blue/red stripes on the shoulder. The blue pants and socks, with the Red "A" on pants to match the red "A" on the matte blue helmets was very sharp.

Best look we've had in a while, at least since 2012.

Yes, we can do better, but for one night, we looked pretty damn good.
Filthy Cats

Re: Can we talk about the uniform elephant in the room?

Postby JMCCATS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 am

The fact that I can see the damn numbers on the jerseys clearly from the top of section 205 or watching on TV is good enough for me. Going back to the initial change to blue helmets under Stoops, our best road look has always been blue helmets, white jerseys and blue pants. Still true today as you say.

Can't understand the folks who like the all white look - our colors are red and blue, or cardinal and navy, dammit. All these other schools that keep bringing in charcoal, silver, black, white, etc. that aren't their primary school colors is really a shame, IMO.

BEAR DOWN!!!
JMCCATS

Postby b_dog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

All I really care about is that our QB can differentiate uniforms downfield and throw to the right color. Based on that, I believe UCLA has white helmets that look like ours, and black helmets that are close to our matte blue. So I think we should go red. Red/Blue/Red is a nice home combination.
Bear Down
b_dog

Postby Vegascat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 pm

JMCCATS wrote:Can't understand the folks who like the all white look - our colors are red and blue, or cardinal and navy, dammit. All these other schools that keep bringing in charcoal, silver, black, white, etc. that aren't their primary school colors is really a shame, IMO.

BEAR DOWN!!!

This is the 10 year anniversary of when/how I got my first "McEnroe!" Iin Provo when going down the hotel elevator on our way to the stadium. Some BYU fans asked what colors we were wearing. Someone said all whites with a white helmet. I responded (after a few too many margaritas) "We look like a bunch of fucking tampons!"

I think it was Trob, Krim, First and Goal ...McEnroe!!!!
Vegascat

Return to Football