Bribes ??? This is America ....

Discussion on Sean Miller and the Arizona Basketball team

Bribes ??? This is America ....

Postby 1976er » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 am

This is America, god damn it ... America was built on bribes. Big business and politics flourish on influence peddling. So this Gatto guy is exposed to the Securities and Exchange Commission, rolls over ... and he will get a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, the FBI, as if they have nothing better to do, run after chump change. Twenty grand in Book's case, big deal. Yeah yeah yeah, tip of the iceberg, I get it .... but seriously, Book looking at 60 years (please, 2 years maybe and probably probation). Corporate cheaters ciphon millions and get less punitive indictments. And what is wrong with taking cash for a little influence peddling. Hell, business is business. :D :D :D

On the other hand, paying recruits is just plain wrong ... and no doubt the NCAA will come down hard if it is proven. I had no problen if he had just taken the cash and put it in his pocket .... but now he makes the Wildcats look really seedy. The most astounding news to me about all this is that he was the lowest paid assistant coach. I figured he was Miller's pet. God only knows what motivated him, but just maybe he felt a tad under-apoeciated and decided to strike out on his own for a little supplemental income. It doesn't really matter what the reason was now .... the damage has been done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1976er

Re: Bribes ??? This is Fake News

Postby Black Oaks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:00 am

This is obviously fake news :!: :!: :!: If it works for Trump, it works for Arizona. It is a plot by the liberal press to discredit the top basketball programs that was hatched by ISIS and needs to be stomped out immediately. The fu*kin Russian hackers were involved also, as those godless commies want to take over the world of basketball. FOX will have the real story out this afternoon. And I understand that Duke had the paper shredders running all night.

Bearing Down on we need to fire the FBI and there is an old saying : "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" and there is another old saying: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Black Oaks

Re: Bribes ??? This is America ....

Postby catfever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:41 pm

I thought the old saying was If you ain't cheating you ain't in the SEC!! or the old Southwest Conference SWC.

Sad day, but if we are paying players to come here, apparently we don't pay as well as Kentucky, North Carolina , Duke, or Kansas. What was Josh Jackson waiting on last year when he announced his committment? The final payment?

The good news is that Book was funding the payments out of his own side earnings which means there is no slush fund, but there appears to be the only good news.

Somebody tell me Lavar Ball doesn't have his hand out to UCLA
catfever

Return to Basketball