Long Term Forecast

Discussion on Sean Miller and the Arizona Basketball team

Long Term Forecast

Postby b_dog » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Despite the flurry of media coverage and all of the speculation, I think everybody should figure on settling in for the long haul. There will no doubt be periodic media conference disclosures, because that's what this is all about. But this will be an on-going deal. People will be charged, court dates will be set, and the months will drag on. There will be no quick resolution. I'd guess we'll go through the season and the post-season with the clouds overhead and all the churn. Bonanza for the news media and rumor mill websites, kind of like the Allonzo Trier thing was last year. For the average fan asking "what's going on? and "when will we know?", the answer will probably be "nothing" and "not for a long time." So we can do the "I'm shocked that there's gambling going on at Rick's" or wonder out loud who's eventually going to be around and who won't, but the wait will be the same. And we'll get the same types who rattled around during the Trier thing, the Elliott Pitts thing, back to Joseph Blair and Bagelgate, and whatever came before that, with all of the unfounded rumors and misinformation. And it gets repeated within minutes on the internet. So I'll tune that crap out and wait until it shakes out. And then we'll know about any kind of coaching changes, player movement, sanctions, or whatever it turns out to be. But for anybody sitting on the edge of your chair, I'd say you might as well sit back and make yourself comfortable.
Bear Down
b_dog

Re: Long Term Forecast

Postby JMCCATS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Good advice, hope I can take it. :oops: :lol:

Although, I have to say that today I've been at least twice as productive as yesterday. Don't ask me to quantify that, though.

BEAR DOWN!!!
JMCCATS

Postby Black Oaks » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes indeed b_dog. Right now I am thinking women's basketball season tickets might be a good thing. One actually gets to see some very skilled athletes that if they are paid, they are not paid very much. :) Of course that could change.

Bearing Down on once there was a way to get back home again
Black Oaks

Postby b_dog » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Black Oaks wrote:Bearing Down on once there was a way to get back home again

The Beatles song Golden Slumbers is based on a poem by by 17th century poet Thomas Dekker, “Cradle Song.” Paul McCartney saw sheet music for “Cradle Song” at his father’s home in Liverpool, which was left on a piano by his stepsister Ruth. Unable to read music at the time, he created his own music for it.

Bearing Down on we ought to really build up some muscles from carrying all that weight down the long and winding road.
Bear Down
b_dog

Postby Black Oaks » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 am

Bearing Down on we ought to really build up some muscles from carrying all that weight down the long and winding road.

Bearing Down on when Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Black Oaks

Return to Basketball