Hi Corbett

Discussion on Jay Johnson and the Arizona Baseball team

Hi Corbett

Postby b_dog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Spun by at lunch today. There are people buzzing around doing work on it, and it looks pretty darned good. I don't recall if this is the first year the UofA grounds crew is taking care of the field, rather than the county. But the grass is ridiculously perfect; it almost looks too good...like field turf. Wish I could get my lawn to look like that. You could putt a golf ball with no break from the grass behind first base to the 410 sign in left center field (if anybody could putt that far.) Opening Night is February 16, presumably with a fireworks show. Can't get too excited about the non-conference home games, with the highlights being one-off games with San Diego St and BYU. (We play true road games at SDSU and Minnesota and neutral-field games with Arkansas, Michigan, and USD.) But, it's a nice home conference slate, with Oregon St, Stanford, UCLA, WSU, and ASu. I'm happy they got rid of one of at least one of the mid-week non-conference games with ASu. I guess we've essentially replaced that with a game at GCU in a two-game home-and-home. If we're going to do non-conference with ASu, make it a full weekend series, or don't do it at all. Otherwise, it's too weird with the over-emphasis on those mid-week games and the odd approach you have to take to pitching.
Bear Down
b_dog

Re: Hi Corbett

Postby NativeCat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 am

Looking forward to another fun season....I wonder when the full 2018 roster will be released?
NativeCat

Re: Hi Corbett

Postby b_dog » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am

This is a completely uninformed off-the-wall guess. But, they had photo day last week, so that might mean by next week?
Bear Down
b_dog

Return to Baseball