N Korea is a serious problem

Sports is no place for politics, but it comes up so this is where you can say your peace.

N Korea is a serious problem

Postby Black Oaks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 am

This Korean issue is bad news. We need to understand that N Korea is being used by China as an agent to further the Chinese agenda. Trade sanctions do not work against N Korea because 90% of their trade is with China. Trade sanctions do not work because second and third parties can be used to carry out trades. The technology for ICBMs and atomic weapons has come from China. And China would love to expand their influence in the south Pacific.

Guam is a major American military base that China would love to own. China will not allow any invasion of North Korea any more than we should allow any invasion of South Korea. But Fat Bay may try it and China will support it rather than order Fat Boy to stand down. And if things do not go well for Fat Boy, he may well use Nukes in defense. There are no winners in a nuclear conflict, everybody loses in the end.

I am confident that Trump is ignorant of all of this because even if he would listen to his briefings he cannot grasp the impact of what he is being briefed on.

Hang on folks, we may be in for some turbulence
Black Oaks

Re: N Korea is a serious problem

Postby Vegascat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:05 pm

North Korea is a serious problem. And unfortunately one without a viable military option. An attack on their nuclear facilities would occasion a rocket and artillery bombardment of Seoul which would result in horrendous casualties and destruction. Simply put, we cannot take out his ICBM program without being willing to destroy our ally. And if we were to do so without the consent of that ally, nobody else would want us as an ally.

That being said, I did see an interesting study by some actual "rocket scientists" suggesting that the Rotund One cheated to make it look like his ICBM could reach the United States.(I presume it is still okay to body shame dictators) The authors of the study concluded that Piggy (a literary reference) loaded his rocket with a pay load weighing significantly less than any warhead that he was capable of producing in order to make it go farther.
Vegascat

Re: N Korea is a serious problem

Postby Vandal » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Vegascat wrote:...the Rotund One cheated to make it look like his ICBM could reach the United States ...concluded that Piggy loaded his rocket with a pay load weighing significantly less than any warhead that he was capable of producing in order to make it go farther.

I, too, think he is significantly "undermanned".
Vandal

Return to Politics