Not sure if any of you are following things in Sonoma/Napa..

Sports is no place for politics, but it comes up so this is where you can say your peace.

Not sure if any of you are following things in Sonoma/Napa..

Postby El Gato » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm

But it's surreal. 24 dead, 500 missing. 3400+ buildings lost. And not just little 3 br, 2ba houses. Buildings like churches and schools - gone. "Fireproof" safes are being found as nothing more than piles of melted metal.

Harvey, Irma, Maria, Las Vegas and now this. 2017 has been a horrible year. Except the stock market. So we got that.
El Gato

Re: Not sure if any of you are following things in Sonoma/Na

Postby AzCatFan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 pm

It's both horrifying and catastrophic. I have family in Sacramento and love visiting the wine country. Can't imagine what Santa Rosa looks like today and the pictures coming out of the area are surreal.
AzCatFan

The summer camp 2 of my boys attend was totally destroyed

Postby Jack Handey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 am

They are quite distraught...they have spent the last 6 summers there (it is in Santa Rosa). Apparently contingency plans are in the works for summer 2018 but that is going to be quite a task...1,600 kids + all the staff needs to be accommodated, fed, etc.

I went on a great trip to Napa back in March...absolutely beautiful...hard to believe the pictures we see now.
Since you asked, RichRod, I am NOT entertained. I am agonizingly disappointed.
Jack Handey

The pictures are unbelievable...

Postby El Gato » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 am

Everything disappears into a pile of burned rubbish.

El Gato

Re: Not sure if any of you are following things in Sonoma/Na

Postby Black Oaks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Very sad indeed. In a normal year the rains from the gulf of Alaska would start rolling in an the worry would be for the harvest. If the clusters get wet, mold set in and can be a problem. This year of drought plus no fall rains have turned the would area into a pile of tinder. One small fire and it all goes. Beautiful countryside all going up in smoke.

I lived inn the Santa Cruz mountains for 25 years. The history of those mountains is interesting. Despite being right on top of the San Andreas fault, the greatest losses of property and lives has come from fires over the years. Not to say the quakes were a piece of cake, but the fires have caused much wide and more complete destruction than the quakes.

Stand by the the Trump tweet that this is not a disaster and California has to learn to stand on their own.
Black Oaks

Return to Politics