Football

not sold on our sos to date

Discussion on Rich Rodriguez and the Arizona Football team

by wild cat-fan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 pm

We handed cal and ore their only loses but they both look like teams that may lose quite a few conference games. We struggled against utsa and nevada who have both looked horrible since then. I believe in the job rich rod is doing but still feel like we have a lot to prove and will face better teams.
wild cat-fan

by Jack Handey » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Think deeply, wild cat-fan. I'm terribly sorry that you are not sold on our sos…most of us are still coming down from the Thursday night high.
"After New Mexico Bowl and this Cal game, no Cats players or fans should ever give up." -ValleyCat
Jack Handey

by Redfoot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:37 pm

LOL. Unreal.....
Redfoot

SOS

by btowne48 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Here is the thing....the SoS only matters (and I use this term loosely) in two situations:

A) First part of the season, before the conference play begins. It is only something to consider in terms of trying to assess a team's performance and its translation into Conference play. Sometimes, fans will go all crazy for a 3 - 0 team not realizing that the 3-0 team played patsies.

B) Secondly - it only really matters for teams competing for the playoff spot. If, and I mean if, somehow Arizona runs the table and goes undefeated....then YES, we can look back and question that out-of-conference schedule if that ultimately keeps Arizona out of the playoff.

But I would love for that controversy to happen, as that means the Cats ran the table.

At this point, SoS is meaningless. Conference play is here, and the whole mess of rankings etc... really does not matter. Each game now is about winning the PAC-12, and as a fan, I kind of ignore the whole rankings issue except as a matter of determining what other games to watch outside of the U of A.
btowne48

by wild cat-fan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Haha, I know that sounded a little dumb considering we did what number 8 mich state couldn't. Sometimes I just can't believe we are doing this with a freshman qb, freshman back and an undersized walkon freshman nt. I always thought rich rod was a great coach but what he has done so far this year has been absolutely phenominal. He has to be an early favorite for coach of the year.
wild cat-fan

by BearDownAZ » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:04 pm

wild cat-fan wrote:We handed cal and ore their only loses but they both look like teams that may lose quite a few conference games. We struggled against utsa and nevada who have both looked horrible since then. I believe in the job rich rod is doing but still feel like we have a lot to prove and will face better teams.

Doesn't every team still have a lot to prove at this point? I don't know of a team in college football right now that is guaranteed of anything great happening by the end of November. Gotta come out and take it hard to a USC team that is going to be hungry to get back on track with a win.
BearDownAZ

by Doug » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:22 pm

We have a lot to prove but am not of the belief that we will definitely be playing better teams than Oregon
Doug

Return to Football

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts