Hansen's Tweet

Discussion on Rich Rodriguez and the Arizona Football team
Post a reply

Hansen's Tweet

Postby catnaz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:48 am

If I were a betting man I'd bet ex-Sun Devil Vince Amey is RichRod's new DL coach. That means Ricky Hunley, Mike Tuiasosopo bypassed. Odd.
catnaz

Re: Hansen's Tweet

Postby Iggy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:34 am

Someone in another thread mentioned this might have more to do with recruiting in the Phoenix than anything else. Makes sense....
Iggy

Postby Black Oaks » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Bringing in n assistant is not a simple task. It gets more difficult when the guy you bring in has his name painted on the press box. I might think it is a great thing to have an Arizona ring of honor guy as an assistant, but the young players may not even know who he is. The head coach needs to be sure that the new guy fits with the rest of the staff and that the new guy is willing to buy into Rich Rod's system. There is onl one head coach head that guy calls the shots. The head coach needs to feel confident that the whole coaching staff is on his agenda and has no other agenda. Hence it is hard to find the perfect guy for the job. Hard t find the OKG.

As far as Phoenix goes, I thought that is why we hired Ragle. He was the coach at Chaparral and had the connections in the valley. I see no reason why an ex-asu player would be a greater recruiting advantage. I could see where a younger coach could relate to younger players no matter where he came from. As far as recruiting in Phoenix goes, I think a number of the 5 and 4 star locals just want to get out of Phoenix, and Tucson is not far enough. They want to go to the west coast or the midwest or Texas, somewhere out of the desert.

Bearing Down on Rich Rod said at OKG night he was at the coaching convention, there were 7000 coaches there, and 5000 of them were looking for new jobs
Black Oaks

Postby rickyk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Reading the Star today I felt like the DL coaching delay has been that RR has been trying to lasso Joe Salave'a to come home and that Amey has been the fall back. Props to Rodriguez if true.
rickyk

Postby catnaz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:19 pm

rickyk wrote:Reading the Star today I felt like the DL coaching delay has been that RR has been trying to lasso Joe Salave'a to come home and that Amey has been the fall back. Props to Rodriguez if true.

I agree. It's worth the wait to try to get Joe. A tough pull though, apparently not primarily because of money, but Joe's allegiance to the 9 Poly kids he brought in. IMO, can't fault RR for continuing the pursuit, or Joe one way or the other.
catnaz

Post a reply

Return to Football