Cracker loses his recruiting coordinator/right hand man

Discussion on Rich Rodriguez and the Arizona Football team
Post a reply

Cracker loses his recruiting coordinator/right hand man

Postby ValleyCat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:00 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /80570112/

Seems like Nevada head coach Polian may have hit the nail on the head.
ValleyCat

Ef'ing mercenaries....

Postby Stu Gotz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:34 pm

ValleyCat wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaaf/ASu/2016/02/18/asu-recruiting-director-patrick-suddes-way-auburn/80570112/

Seems like Nevada head coach Polian may have hit the nail on the head.

I'm glad our coach is making proactive vs reactive changes.

Bear Down Coaches Addae, Williams, Yates, Amey and Singletary.
Stu Gotz

Re: Cracker loses his recruiting coordinator/right hand man

Postby El Gato » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:24 pm

I LOVE their lack of a follow up question when he say "this stuff happens". How about "What's changed that it's happened so much in one year and not before". How about interviewing a coach who left? Lazy asses.
El Gato

Postby Black Oaks » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:38 am

El Gato wrote:I LOVE their lack of a follow up question when he say "this stuff happens". How about "What's changed that it's happened so much in one year and not before". How about interviewing a coach who left? Lazy asses.

Remember, Cracker is only a text away from being gone himself. Perhaps that is what Cracker means when he says "this stuff happens"?

Bearing Down on hidden messages in press releases
Black Oaks

Postby b_dog » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:37 am

El Gato wrote:I LOVE their lack of a follow up question when he say "this stuff happens". How about "What's changed that it's happened so much in one year and not before". How about interviewing a coach who left? Lazy asses.

It's not just laziness. They're complicit in working with ASu to avoid putting any negative spin on the issue. They covered up the bit about Graham's son/RB coach and the female student and just left it at "leaving for other opportunities", without identifying them because they didn't exist. Since then, they've had multiple coaches leave them, as opposed to being fired over their performance. Certainly they can survive it all. But there used to be much talk about how highly-paid Mike Norvell was, and how Graham couldn't get along without him. So the guy leaves, not to be a head coach at a middle-tier P5 school, but for Memphis. It can work there, but when you look at the history of Memphis Tiger football, it's pretty underwhelming. So when you leave a cushy big-bucks OC job at an ASu where you presumably can sit back and wait for the phone to ring for a plum job, it makes you go "hmmm." Like maybe the tea leaves say it won't be so cushy for much longer. Norvell also snapped-up ASu's co-DC and their TE coach. For Memphis. And now they lose their recruiting coordinator. That's five coaches, if anybody's counting. I'm sure at least the coaching community has taken notice. One of the biggest problems Mike Stoops had was not being able to retain good coaches, and it eventually caught up to him. We'll see what happens here. On a semi-related note, since getting caught institutionalizing signal-stealing as part of their defensive business model, they've gone 2-5 and given up 34, 61, 38, 37, 48, and 43 points. The only team they've shut down was Washington with 17. Maybe the Huskies didn't get the memo.
Bear Down
b_dog

Postby FlagCat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:00 am

I was curious if pre-ASu Graham had a history of losing assistants, but then I remembered he had a history of leaving a school pretty quickly. Although I heard at Pitt he had some "mercenary" assistants jump ship even before he did.
FlagCat

Post a reply

Return to Football