There was a good practice yesterday. As always it can be a three ring circus, lots of things going on everywhere at the same time.
In no particular order here are a few things
1. It appears the starting defensive front for now is : Bruno, Parker Zellers, Gilbert in front, Scooby in the middle lb, Turituri and DeAndre Miller. Sir Thomas Jackson getting is getting lots of reps. What I found interesting is the second team nose was Marcus Griffin 302 red shirt freshman.
2. Cam Denson looks to be bigger and just as quick. he is listed at 168, but he looks a bit bigger to me. reggie Ware is second team lb right now. i did see some of Jamarie Cobb also. Right now, Ware looks more advanced than cobb.
3. I saw a number of tight end/ hback plays. I think we shall see more of this next season. Kern is starting right now, Trevor Wood could start next fall perhaps. Wood had a nice touchdown run where he caught a short pass and did a Gronk imitation of running over and carrying people into the endzone. Cloy is a freshman to watch also.
4. Quarterbacks are Anu, Randall and a bunch of others. No change there. Anu looked sharp and Randall has some wheels that turn real fast.
5. There is a new 15 second drill or end of game drill that helps the quarterbacks deal with stopping the clock or getting the play off rapidly. Lots of loud noise and yelling designed to give the qb a look at all the confusion. Probably something from the Fiesta Bowl.
5. Baker ran well. He is so short you can't see him behind the big line and that is the whole idea.
6. We still have the receivers, Jones, Grant, Philips, Johnson, Griffey, Richards all had their moments. There is a lot of talent in the group.
All in all lots to see. New number out there mixed with some of the old.
Bearing Down on the spring game will be soon