Basketball

Top 10 Topics Bill Walton will bring up besides basketball..

Discussion on Sean Miller and the Arizona Basketball team

by Stu Gotz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:26 am

Nm
Stu Gotz

by gouacats » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:36 am

Not being able to ride his bike due to the snow...
gouacats

by Black Oaks » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:40 am

The difference between medicinal weed and recreational weed. 8-)
Black Oaks

by greg23 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 am

greg23 wrote:hopefully he doesnt bring up the ncaa tournament as he does in every game as his info is 100% wrong.

regionals in salt lake and portland.....umm, it's seattle and portland

arizona will be in the kentucky regional as the last 2 seed.....1 plays 8!....umm, this isnt the nba and if we're the 8 seed who's the 7 seed??? kansas??? a team who keeps losing thier way up the bracket like last year????

love the banter with him and pasch...but i'm more of a pasch fan (smart ass wisecracker) as walton can go on tangents waaaay too long missing half the game.

"Well if ucla gets in as the last team as #64 they'll have to play kentucky in thr first round"

I'm almost convinced he knows absolutely nothing about how the tournament works
greg23

by JMCCATS » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Normally don't mind Bill and find the Pasch/Walton repartee pretty humorous, but he was bad last night. Clearly had zero interest in the game. If that becomes the norm, move him to an ESPN3 webcast so folks who want to catch his schtick can do so. Otherwise, as Pasch would say, let's get back to the game.

BEAR DOWN!!!
JMCCATS

by Stu Gotz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 pm

JMCCATS wrote:Normally don't mind Bill and find the Pasch/Walton repartee pretty humorous, but he was bad last night. Clearly had zero interest in the game. If that becomes the norm, move him to an ESPN3 webcast so folks who want to catch his schtick can do so. Otherwise, as Pasch would say, let's get back to the game.

BEAR DOWN!!!

More and more he's simply playing to this Walton Bingo persona he's created. He's always been irreverent, but its gotten to the point to where "THROW IT DOWN, BIG FELLA" has become the only game commentary he has time for. The game has become an interruption to his act. Can you imagine him doing an NCAA tournament game between two equally matched opponents, with everything on the line. Me neither.

And what is it with him and Arizona games? He's become the second "Voice of the Wildcats" behind Jeffries. The praise he heaps on all things Tucson / Wildcat is a bit nauseating .... and being a rabid Cat fan and Tucson native, my tolerance is pretty high.
Stu Gotz

by gouacats » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Stu Gotz wrote:And what is it with him and Arizona games? He's become the second "Voice of the Wildcats" behind Jeffries. The praise he heaps on all things Tucson / Wildcat is a bit nauseating .... and being a rabid Cat fan and Tucson native, my tolerance is pretty high.

He seems to bring good mojo to the Cats (undefeated with him on the team), so I'm fine with him doing the rest of our games. :D We only lose when former players call the game (Elliott twice and Muehlebach once, I believe). Yes, I'm superstitious. :) For the record, I enjoy his shtick for the most part.
gouacats

by Maui » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm

[http://tucson.com/bill-walton-bingo/image_cf9ffb64-a2c0-11e4-a5b4-dbcad36d2f1e.htmle]
Maui

by FlagCat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:37 am

I don't know what everyone's talking about. The dress is orange with green paisleys.

FlagCat

Previous

Return to Basketball

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts