Can someone explain to me the primary rules in AZ?

Sports is no place for politics, but it comes up so this is where you can say your peace.
Post a reply

Can someone explain to me the primary rules in AZ?

Postby Jack Handey » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:34 am

I am a registered independent and I thought I can now vote in primaries for either party (but not both)...I did not receive my absentee ballot in the mail as I usually do...what gives?
"After New Mexico Bowl , Cal and now this Washington game, no Cats players or fans should ever give up." -ValleyCat (ever so slightly edited)
Jack Handey

Re: Can someone explain to me the primary rules in AZ?

Postby Black Oaks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 am

To be quite honest, I don't know why, but I think you don't get to vote in the primaries. I do not agree with it, but that is the way it is.

Sort of like a question that I have. Why am I in the first congressional district? Why is my congressional representative Ann Kirkpatrick, democrat from Flagstaff? I live on the west side of Tucson just off Orange Grove and the freeway. Logically I would think my representative would be McSally or Grijalva. See the attached link for the first district. It runs from my backyard to New Mexico on the east and Colorado/Nevada on the north. :?I believe the term is called Gerrymandering. Why I get Gerrymandered I do not know. And I do not know how Ann, lovely person that she is, knows what the state of the roads are out here on the west side, or the schools, or the emergency care, or anything else here for that matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona's_congressional_districts

Bearing Down on district maps that run from here to the 4 corners wtf?
Black Oaks

Postby FlagCat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

Confusing thing is that in AZ tomorrow's election isn't called the Primary. It's the Presidential preference where we tell our delegates who to vote for. The actual primary in AZ applies toward local and state elections, not president, is held in August, and independents CAN participate. Tomorrow's presidential preference election is specifically for people registered in a participating party and independents CANNOT participate.
FlagCat

Thanks FlagCat

Postby Jack Handey » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:17 pm

FlagCat wrote:Confusing thing is that in AZ tomorrow's election isn't called the Primary. It's the Presidential preference where we tell our delegates who to vote for. The actual primary in AZ applies toward local and state elections, not president, is held in August, and independents CAN participate. Tomorrow's presidential preference election is specifically for people registered in a participating party and independents CANNOT participate.
"After New Mexico Bowl , Cal and now this Washington game, no Cats players or fans should ever give up." -ValleyCat (ever so slightly edited)
Jack Handey

Postby catnaz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Yep, I'm an Independent too. Tomorrow is closed to us.
catnaz

Postby ValleyCat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:42 pm

Me, too.
ValleyCat

Postby FlagCat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Well I voted but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Btw I thought it was stupid that the ballot had every original gop candidate listed, including everyone who dropped out of the race.
FlagCat

Postby Vandal » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Doesn't really matter if you could vote or not. Pretty much agree with this article on Drudge today. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-1 ... are-rigged
Vandal

Post a reply

Return to Politics